This Code of Practice is a summation and declaration of acceptable, ethical, and professional behaviour by which all Yoga Alliance Professionals members agree to conduct the teaching and business of Yoga.
As a member of Yoga Alliance Professionals, our members agree to uphold the ethical goals set forth in the following Code of Practice:
- Provide the public with access to safe and effective yoga teachers;
- Maintain and uphold the traditions of Yoga. Teach Yoga from the experience of these traditions and disseminate these teachings to anyone, from any background, who earnestly desires to follow these traditions;
- Familiarise themselves with the Health and Safety policy of their employer, or where this does not apply, an appropriate policy needs to be formulated and adhered to. Appropriately deal with accidents or emergencies, keep notes and logs and advise Yoga Alliance Professionals if any incident which could give rise to an insurance claim occurs;
- Uphold the integrity of their vocation by conducting themselves in a professional and conscientious manner;
- Acknowledge the limitations of their skills and scope of practice and where appropriate, refer students to seek alternative instruction, advice, treatment, or direction;
- Create and maintain a safe, clean, and comfortable environment for the practice of yoga;
- Encourage diversity actively by respecting all students regardless of age, physical limitations, race, creed, gender, ethnicity, religious affiliation, or sexual orientation;
- Respect the rights, dignity, and privacy of all students;
- Avoid words and actions that constitute bullying and/or sexual harassment;
- Follow all local government and national laws that pertain to their yoga teaching and business;
- Never engage in any conduct or activities that discredit Yoga Alliance Professionals, or which brings our name into disrepute;
- Comply with all Yoga Alliance Professionals Terms & Conditions.